Phlebotomist Job Description Template
There are many hospitals and health clinics offering a variety of employment options. There are a variety of employment options that you can choose to develop your career. Usually, the most common in the health care facility is a laboratory. And a promising position in the lab is a phlebotomist. People who serve patients with organizing and preparing any necessary specimens for testing is a phlebotomist. Phlebotomist is also responsible for conducting the necessary screening procedures. If you want to be a phlebotomist, there are some qualifications and skills you need. Qualifications and skills required include analyzing information, infection control, bedside manner, procedural skills, environment laboratory, hospital environment, focus, perform the procedure diagnotik, inform the health care staff. Then you need to know the tasks a phlebotomist does, if you want to be a phlebotomist.
The following are the basic phlebotomist skills checklist :
- Verifying test requisitions by bringing discrepancies to the concern of unit personnel and comparing information with treatment station log.
- Verifying patients through patient identification.
- Obtaining blood specimens through performing necessary methods such as fingersticks and venipunctures.
- Maintaining the integrity of the specimens by following department procedures, using aseptic technique, and observing isolation procedures.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of collecting test to ensure proper overdose.
- Tracking collected specimens by dating, initialing, and noting the times of collection and maintaining the daily counting of the collection performed.
- Monitoring glucose levels through recording results, bedside glucose tests, and reporting the results to nurse manager.
- Performing bleeding times analysis by submitting the results to computer and notifying the pathologist if the results are outside the normal ranges.
- Maintaining the quality of the results for the next test, to identify changes in the quality of the results
- Maintaining healthy, secure, and safe work environment by following procedures, standards, and legal regulations.
- Resolving unusual test orders through contacting pathologist, physician, reference laboratory, or nursing station, refer the unresolved orders for further clarification, and notifying the supervisors about the unresolved orders.
- Updating job knowledge through reading professional publications, participating in any educational opportunities, participating in any professional organizations, and maintaining personal networks.
At this site we provide Phlebotomist Job Description Template and responsibilities that you can download.